Saturday, February 27, 2010

Are You Really Listening?

Over the past few weeks I've made some great acquaintances and have since then learned much. I've learned that 99% of the time nobody gives a rat's pa-toot of what you're talking about, but rather is more interested in you shutting up so that they can blurt out whatever it is they have on their mind. Unfortunately, that's just how many people work and operate. 


Those are my words on the human race. 


Last night I went to Al-Habib restaurant on Clark and Division. I have to say it was a unique experience, but the Somalian home-style cooking made up for that. The place seemed to serve only taxi drivers for that is all that was there. If you're every in the area please do check it out. You can get directions here.


Those are my words on last night. 


Corpus Cristi. 2006. I met a man at the hotel I was staying up at. Don't let your mind wander, i beg of you. We had a friendly chat wherein he recommended an author by the name of Bill Bryson. On comes a full year later and I go out in search of his books. At my local library, a very beautiful one might I add, I dug up Neither Here Nor There, a brilliant journal style writing of Bryson's travels through Europe in his younger years. Through that one man in Corpus, I now own Bryson's entire collection. 


My upper just several weeks ago suggested a book called The 48 Laws of Power. It is by far one of the most powerful and thought-provoking books I've ever indulged in. Read this book. It will change the way you live. 


Those are my words on great reads.

No comments: