Thursday, September 30, 2010

Amazon Kindle

I was able to purchase a Kindle 3G last week and have been enjoying it ever since. Total came to a cool $200 for allowing me to connect anywhere. The first attribute that sparked my interest in Kindle was the $139 pricetag. I couldn't pass that up for a beautiful dedicated e-reader. I own a 16geebee wifi iPad and have learned the hard way that when wifi is unavailable, I generally have a $500 paperweight. 

On my iPad I have a collection of 15 or so books and have completed one solely using the device. It was a great experience and well worth the low price of free for the iBooks application. However, having bad eyesight is a mere understatement and I've recently been lusting over the crisp, clean look of e-ink. I caved, picked it up at my local Best Buy and loaded my Amazon collection. 

Since day one my experience has been nothing less than a reading extravaganza, some may even call it a Festivus miracle. All in all, if you're a bookie and have a hundred bucks to spend, grab one. 


No comments: